The Racine Theatre Guild, a volunteer-based community theatre, was founded in 1938 by 26 people with $13. In 1956, it became the first community theatre in Wisconsin to own its building. The current building was constructed in 1976, and renovated in 2004. While the RTG owns its building, it's located on land owned by the City of Racine in the Charles A. Wustum Memorial Park, beside the Wustum campus of the Racine Art Museum. In 2016, the front entrance was updated for easier accessibility. The theatre has 378 permanent seats with 14 spaces for wheelchairs or portable seating and contains state-of-the-art lighting, sound and production elements. Features include a thrust stage, dressing rooms, storage, classroom, costume shop, and scene shop.