The current building housing Holy Communion Lutheran Church was built in the late 1920's and dedicated in 1929. Known as the "church on a hill," it dominates the landscape. The parish house, immediately east of the church, once housed Luther College and is on the list of Historic Places in Racine. Traditional Gothic-style in design, the structure itself is cruciform, or cross-shaped, and has over 300 stained glass windows in the church sanctuary. The Casavant Organ, with over 2300 pipes, is large and has taken its place among the finest organs in the Midwest.