The Colonial Revival mansion was built in 1893 by Emily Baker, widow of Robert H Baker of the “Big Four” that incorporated JI Case Company now known as CNH. This was also once the home of AJ Horlick. The mansion has 7 fireplaces, 8 bathrooms and is over 9,635 square feet. It was once the dorm to nurses in the St. Luke’s Hospital nursing program from 1950 to 1985. During this time it was called Benstead Hall. In 1987 the hospital opened up the mansion to host the Christmas House for Cancer benefit, which is how it got its name.