These two restored historic buildings, built in 1907 in the heart of historic downtown Burlington, replaced 2 earlier structures from the 1800’s. Both facades were “modernized” in the 1960’s, destroying major original architectural feature. Our non-profit, educational organization, founded in 1976; moved into this location in 1992 and completed facade restorations in 2002. Brick, lentils, an upper bay window, cornices, period style doors and more were restored. Spanning more than 160 years, our location has housed a blacksmith shop, a wagon maker, a stable, a steam laundry, a paint store, a Post GAR after the civil war, the Women Relief Corp, Standard Democrat newspaper, the Burlington Standard Press newspaper, a sewing machine shop, a grocery store, a probation office, and now this non-profit, educational center with a workshop and 2 hands-on toy museums! Time lines of the history of building occupants will be on display.